Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Tried to catch the Leonid Meteor Shower but didn't see anything. Well I did see things, but no shooting stars. The night was very crisp, cool, and clear. The moon was slung low, quarter crescent, and the stars twinkled and winked smartly thru the night. I hadn't seen that many stars from the city in as long as I can remember. But I didn't catch any shooting stars. Seems like that's it, though, as far as spectacular meteor showers for the next couple of decades ... until maybe 2030? So maybe when I'm an elderly gentleman, if I still dwell on this earth, I can take my kids out and share how the last time I saw shooting stars was waay back in 2001 ... "As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more ..."